Sunday 21 October 2012

Birthday Comeback! ♥

I should get back on the blogging scene, it made me incredibly happy. Perhaps today is a good day to. It's my birthday! I hope everyone is having as lovely a day as I am and have had. I've been gone for a good 7 months from this blog, but I intend on coming back pretty strongly now- it just makes me feel productive and satisfied, I have no idea why I've been gone, other than pure, old, laziness... I'm known for it ;). I thought I'd share my favorite things I've been liking as of late, to kind of give you a look into what I've been up to (not much, believe me.)

Music: The 28th of October I'm going to the Bon Iver concert in Madrid, and, dare I say I'm dying to go? I'm so excited it should be illegal, and I'm going with one of my loveliest friends who coincidentally bought the ticket for me as my birthday present. Too wonderful. To prepare, I've been listening to them over and over and, hand in hand with the improving weather (colder, cloudier, rainier... definitely improving), it's the perfect soundtrack to my life lately. This is the song by them which I've been listening to the most. The rest are a few I've been loving, too!


And... anything sounds better with the sound of rain in the background... This is my favorite website ever: http://www.rainymood.com/

Instagram: This really just defines my life lately because I love to document my every activity with it (maybe I'm exaggerating a tiny bit), but I love it, it looks pretty, it's a way of keeping a diary (more or less,) and it's just fun to use, really. I'm @cristina_barba on it. ^_^

1- The most lovely light on my way to class/ 2- La Puerta del Sol/ 3- My uncle and my dad in their 20s, wonderfully stylish/ 4- New faerie lights for my room!/ 5- The statue of Velázquez on El Paseo del Prado, taking a walk in Madrid/ 6- The weather lately... perfection./ 7- My mum and I/ 8- The Jean-Paul Gaultier exhibit in Madrid/ 9- My lovely best friend and I/ 10- Going out for my birthday this weekend!/ 11- Quote of the week by Picasso/ 12- Birthday lunch at Tommy Mel's
Films: I made a collage and posted it on Tumblr which documented my favorite films watched or re-watched over the summer, and it hasn't really changed since then. I'm actually planning on watching these all over again because they have become some of my favorite films. 

The Dreamers isn't for everyone, to be perfectly honest, and it definitely helps if you know French (which I don't very well, mind you), but it's so beautifully made and it's such an unusual story... I adore it. I saw An Education pretty early on in the summer so I don't remember it as well, but it's also extremely beautiful and relatable (perhaps not in the literal sense of the plot). And Moonrise Kingdom and Brave have been the two best films I've seen in the cinema in a loooong while. I strongly recommend all of these to any of you who think you share interests with me, as they can be considered quite particular. 

Vlogs: I've been REALLY into Youtube lately, since my obsession with make up increased, so, if you like these sort of things, I want to share with you my favorite Youtube channels. (These aren't just make-up, by the way, they're all a bundle of wonderful awesomeness)
And now a bunch of random favorite things and such :)
Perfect Autumn outfit


Buddha at Nygyen Taktsang monastery
I'm obsessed with Frida Kahlo lately.
The outfits... Especially the one on the left... Marvellous. 

Meadham Kirchoff Studio

Life philosophy

Hope you're all doing wonderfully and I hope this marks my return to blogging again, I missed it. I love you all. xx

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! You're back! xD Thank you so so mucho for mentioning my "shabby" videoblog! Hopefully tomorrow I'm going to upload chapter 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lo que más me gusta de leerte es que tu corazón se palpa en cada palabra. es precioso. qué bien tenerte de vuelta =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me eeeeencanta que vuelvas!!! Yay! You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete